Monday 8 July 2013

Propaganda

I've always been intrigued by the word 'Propaganda' and the connotations it has and the reactions it provokes. This was a strange track in that the verses were recorded before I put down my vocals and before I'd even listened to the track. The Lost Generation's Devas and Saynt Luke had done some bars each that summed up for me, particularly, the west's view of Propaganda and how it is used and manipulated to use and manipulate the population of the world, to the detrament of the minds and bodies of us all.

Joe Rizzle of Pukka Mix finished the track off nicely with a sample from one of the numerous documentaries that he finds himself falling asleept to, luckily he was tuning into some political stuff just at the right time and not UFO conspiracy theory nonsense.

The hook is simple, maybe a little A-Level history/literature/philosophy student-ish but it is succinct, full of pleasing allegories and, above all, it works.

The track has found itself of the Zeitgeist Movement website, remixed and refixed by numerous producers and DJs and still stands out to me as the most lucid expression of my political and historical beliefs.
lyrics
Sippin' at Propaganda through a straw ...
credits
from The Deepest Cellar, released 01 May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment