Monday 8 July 2013

Wanting More

A breezy disco affair to close the album proper. We did record a video for this once upon a when at the Broadway Cinema in Nottingham but all the footage was subsequently lost. I wasn't too bothered, not really one for disco stuff but my mum seems to like it. I don't think it's really indicative of what me and Reggii do, and I always feels you can't help but sound quite cheap over a disco beat, even Gladys Knight and Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross sounds pretty at home though, Rose Royce and Donna Summer to, but I'd rather belt it out over some horns and/or a string section.

The most entertaining thing about the recording of this one was having to explain the phrase "four to the floor" to Jimmy B-Boy. Such an inquisitive young chap.
credits
from The Deepest Cellar, released 01 May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment